If you think all you need is a computer and an internet connection to bag the Salesforce Administrator certificate, one of the most coveted certificates offered by Salesforce, then you are probably wrong. You require much more. And when we say much more, we mean that you need to really divulge into the grassroots of Salesforce concepts and may even require a full-fledged training. This is true for any Salesforce certification, may it be Administrator certification or Salesforce Platform Developer I certification.
If you are willing to earn the certificate then you must possess the knowledge of customizing Salesforce, regularly configuring the platform, managing the users, and even have a knack to look for ways to get more out of the existing features and capabilities. Let’s look at the job responsibilities of the administrator and whether you should go for an Administrator Certification.
Here is what you have to do all day!
So what are the responsibilities of Salesforce administrators? Here we have listed it down for you.
- Unlocking accounts, resetting passwords and deactivating user accounts whenever necessary
- Dealing with SSO, two-factor authentication, and certificate problems.
- Adding new white-listed IP addresses
- Troubleshoot email campaigns, approval cycles, workflows, or auto-responders that results in excessive bounced mails.
- Run data deduplication tools, adoption dashboards, data-quality dashboards
- To make sure there are no unexpected entries by examining time-based workflow and scheduled APEX queues
- Examine SFDC error and debug logs
- To spot user lockouts, excessive login errors by examining the login history table
- Import leads and contacts.
- Quickly updating price lists of products, particularly necessary if a company does a lot of promotions and limited-time offers.
- Run Eclipse and Visual Studio to take a full system snapshot of your production system metadata.
Now if that is what your interest lies in, try answering the following 3 questions to help you decide if you are ready to take up the Salesforce certification exam.
Are you dedicated enough to put in the hard work?
The certifications are definitely not a cakewalk. But these are definitely achievable for someone who is willing to put in the level of dedication and hard work needed. You are surely not short of resources. There are countless resources out there, both free and paid, all to help you to take you to the next level. In addition to these resources, there are in-house learning platforms of Salesforce in the form of a community where Salesforce members and users are ready to help you at the drop of a hat.
Are you willing to invest in your time and money?
Today, in the IT industry, no other career is so promising as Salesforce. Ask any Salesforce professional about the career prospects and you are definitely going to get an overwhelmingly positive response. But to get far in this career you will have to invest a great deal of both time and money. The time and money you have invest depend upon the certification. The training may incur a fee. Not just the training but the Salesforce exam will cost you another $200, on average. The money you will be investing in is worth each penny. The real question is are you willing to invest in it or not?
You just not have to gain knowledge but also maintain it. Are you prepared for it?
Clearing the entry-level exam is not the only hurdle. There are many more to come. The Salesforce platform is ever-changing. With its Spring, Summer, Winter releases, Salesforce brings in product updations and retirements. To keep with the changes, you constantly need to keep yourself updated. Salesforce tests your knowledge for the changes and upcoming features by conducting Maintenance Exams. These exams happen 3 times a year along with each of the releases.
Looking for a Salesforce certification training course?
You have reached the bottom of the article. Well, it should be that you are interested in Salesforce! And if you are looking for Salesforce Administrator and PDI certification training sections, you have landed at the right place. Our course curriculum not only discuses the concepts but provides live training sessions so that you put your knowledge into action.